WHITE CHRISTMAS SLICE : Serves 24, ProPoints per serve 3
2 cups rice bubbles
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
¾ cup skim milk powder
1 cup mixed fruit
100g glace cherries, chopped
100g white chocolate melted
200g diet vanilla yoghurt
1. Line a 20x30cm tin with foil. Combine rice bubbles, coconut, milk powder,
dried fruit and cherries, mix well.
2. Stir in the yoghurt (first or else the cold yoghurt seizes up the chocolate)
and then the chocolate. Mix well.
3. Press into the tin and freeze until set. Cut into 24 fingers. Store in an
airtight container in the fridge.
XMAS PAVLOVA: Serves 10- ProPoints value 5
6 egg whites
1 ½ cups castor sugar
2 x 200g tub French vanilla Fruche light
1 punnet strawberries, hulled and sliced
410g can WW Fruit Salad, well drained
2 large kiwi fruit, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 150*C
2. Line a flat baking tray with aluminium foil.
3. Mark a 22cm circle on the foil Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form,
gradually add the sugar and beat for several minutes until dissolved.
4. Arrange the Pavlova mixture on the marked circle and bake in the oven for 40
mins. Cool in the oven with the oven door ajar.
5. When cool, place on a serving plate and spread with the Fruche and arrange
the fruit over.
CHRISTMAS MINCE TARTS: Serves 24 - ProPoints value 2
¼ cup reduced fat spread
2 Tbs castor sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence
1 egg yolk
¾ cup SR Flour
200 g fruit mince
1. Use electric beaters to beat the spread and add sugar until light and creamy.
Add the vanilla and the egg yolk and beat until combined.
2. Add the flour and, using a spoon, stir to combine. Shape pastry into a ball,
cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 200*C, coat two 12 patty tins with cooking spray. Between
two sheets of baking paper, roll out pastry to 4mm thickness. Using a 5cm scone
cutter cut this pastry and line the tins.
4. Spoon the fruit mixture into the pastry and bake in the oven for 12 to 15
minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
5. Cool completely in the pans.
CHRISTMAS CAKE: SERVES 16, 5 ProPoints
250g mixed fruit
¾ cup brown sugar
1 cup skim milk
1 x 410 g can WW peach slices
60 g reduced fat margarine
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup plain flour
1 cup SR flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
60g glace cherries, halved
1. Preheat oven to 180 *C. Coat a 23sm square tin with cooking spray. Place the
mixed fruit, sugar, milk, peach slices and margarine in the large saucepan. Bring
the to the boil, lower heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Simmer for 5
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the bicarbonate soda. Allow to cool for 5
3. Stir in the eggs, and then fold in the combined flours and cinnamon. Place in
the prepared tin and arrange the cherries over the top of the cake.
4. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes to 40 minutes or until cake is cooked when
tested with a skewer.
Use Weight Watchers chocolate mousse as a dip with fruit around it or as a
filling for Brandy Snap Baskets with chopped up Strawberries and diet Choc
topping over the top.
ICE-CREAM CHRISTMAS PUDDING WITH ORANGE LIQUEUR
CUSTARD SERVES 10 - ProPoints VALUE OF 8 including the custard
1 x 950ml tub low fat chocolate ice cream
60g glace cherries, chopped
60 g glace pineapple, chopped
100 g raisins
2 Tbs rum essence
1. Combine the ice cream, fruit and essence in a large bowl. Mix well.
2. Line a six cup pudding basin with plastic wrap. Spoon the ice cream into the
basin. Cover with foil and freeze for 3 hours. Tip pudding onto a serving plate
and serve with the orange liqueur custard.
ORANGE LIQUEUR CUSTARD: 2ProPoints per serve
2 Tbs custard powder
¼ cup sugar
1 x 375ml can Light Evaporated Milk
1 tsp orange rind, grated
1 Tbs grand Marnier
Combine the custard powder and sugar in a small saucepan. Pour in the Carnation
Milk and stir until the sauce thickens and boils. Stir in the rind and Grand
CHERRY BRANDY TRUFFLES Makes 25 - EACH SERVE HAS A
ProPoints VALUE OF 2
60g dark chocolate, chopped
¼ cup reduced fat spread
1 egg yolk
90g flaked almonds, toasted and chopped
125g chocolate melt buds, finely crushed
30g glace pineapple, chopped
30g glace cherries, chopped
1 tbs Cherry Brandy essence
1. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Cool slightly
2. Beat the spread and egg yolk until light and fluffy. Stir in a quarter of the
almonds, chocolate melt buds, pineapple, cherries and essence. Mix to combine.
3. Shape tablespoons of the mixture into balls, roll in the remaining almonds,
cover and refrigerate.
PUDDING TRUFFLES: Makes 24: WW points: 2 ProPoints each
120g mixed fruit
100g light cream cheese
1 Tbsp Splenda
1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 ½ tsp Brandy
120g dark chocolate, melted
3 tsp vegetable oil
40g white choc, melted
30g glace cherries chopped
1. Cover mixed fruit with boiling water and soak for 15 minutes, drain well.
2. Beat cream cheese and sweetener until smooth. Stir in fruit, breadcrumbs
and brandy. With wet hands shape mixture into 24 balls. Refrigerate for 30
minutes or until firm.
3. Melt dark choc with oil until smooth (in double boiler or microwave). Coat the
pudding balls in the chocolate and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
4. Refrigerate until set.
5. Melt the white chocolate. Spoon over pudding balls and allow to run down
sides a little. Garnish with small pieces of cherry, to look like miniature
puddings. Keep cool in the fridge.
WW PLUM PUDDING: Serves 8. 5 ProPoints per serve (without
custard or ice-cream)
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 cup skim milk
2 small, very ripe bananas, mashed
120g (1 1/2 c) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
140g (1 c) sultanas
140g (1c) raisins
½ tsp mixed spice
1. Coat a 4 cup capacity pudding bowl with cooking spray.
2. Dissolve bicarbonate of soda in milk. Stir in mashed bananas, breadcrumbs,
fruit & spice. Mix until well combined.
3. Spoon into prepared bowl & smooth surface of pudding. Cover tightly with
greased paper. Place on inverted saucer in a large saucepan & fill saucepan with
boiling water till water comes halfway up the side of the bowl.
4. Cover saucepan & simmer for 2 hours, topping up water as necessary.
5. Serve with WW custard or WW vanilla ice-cream
DIABETIC CHRISTMAS PUDDING: Servings 12, Points value per
120 g currants
100 g sultanas
100 g raisins
½ cup orange juice
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp Mixed Spice
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
grated rind of 1 lemon
¼ cup brandy
½ cup plain wholemeal flour
¼ tsp baking soda
1 ½ cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
2 medium bananas, mashed
1 large carrot
1 egg, beaten
1 medium green apple, grated
3 tbsp evaporated skim milk
2 tbsp light margarine, melted
1. Place dried fruit, juice, spices, and rind in a large saucepan & simmer gently
until fruit is soft & plump. Cool, add brandy then leave to stand overnight.
2. Sift together flour & soda. Return bran husks from sifter to bowl, then stir
into fruit mixture with breadcrumbs, bananas, carrot, egg apple milk and melted
3. Pour mixture into a lightly greased pudding basin, then steam for 3 hours
Serve with custard flavoured with a little brandy or whiskey
RUM BALLS: Makes 25 Balls, 3 propoints each
1 can skim condensed milk
10 Vita Brits or Weet Bix, crushed
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 tsp cocoa
¼ cup rum
¼ cup chocolate sprinkles, for coating
1. combine all ingredients in a bowl and roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls
2. Roll each ball in sprinkles and refrigerate until firm.