Welcome to My Blog

Hi Everyone,

I have created this blog for us all to share recipes, tips and anything that might help you reach your goals in your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add recipes or share ideas that have worked for you.

Cheers,
Karen

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hot & Spicy Recipe

Bought myself a new wok and wanted to try it out.  Hunted through old cookbooks for a stir-fry dish that I thought might be nice to try out my new toy.  Well it was delicious!  Kids didn't like it as it is quite hot.  More leftovers for me and my hubby.

Garlic and Chilli Chicken with Basil

Preparation time: 10 min (plus marinating time)
Cooking time: 15 min
Serves 4   
5 ProPoints per serve

600g chicken breast fillets, sliced thickly
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small fresh red chilli, sliced thinly
1 small fresh green chilli, sliced thinly
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup (60ml) oyster sauce
2 tsp olive oil
2 medium white onions, sliced thickly
1 large red capsicum, chopped coarsley
2 large carrots sliced thinly
2 teaspoons cornflour
1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
1/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
4 green onions, sliced thinly

  1. Combine chicken, garlic, chillies, juice and sauce in medium bowl.  Cover, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
  2. Heat half of the oil in wok or large frying pan.  Stir fry chicken mixture, in batches, until chicken is browned, remove from wok.
  3. Heat remaining oil in wok, stir fry white onion, capsicum and carrot until onion is just soft.
  4. Return chicken mixture to wok with blended cornflour and stock, stir until mixture boils and thickens slightly.  Stir in basil and green onion.
VERY YUMMY!  We had it on its own but if you wanted to you could add some rice.  You would just need to allow extra ProPoints for that.  Dish was very filling without rice, so it was a bargain for only 5 ProPoints.

Enjoy

5 comments:

  1. Mmm yum Karen. Will have to add this to my weekly menu plan. I cooked Mongolian Lamb tonight from STGTBT AT 6pp plus rice was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks nice. Thanks for working out all the PP for the books. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those ones *big smile*. The one I have used most since it was published is "Cooking for EveryOne". I must sit down and do the PPs for all my favourites or even for ALL the recipes. If I manage that little task, would you mind if I sent them to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kate,
    I have that one too. One of my favourites. I wouldn't mind at all if you worked out the PP's for that one. If you don't get to it dont stress though cause I am hoping to have that one done by end of this week. Have some free time available to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen - you have done a lot of work converting the books. The blog I am looking at shows three books Everyday Cooking 2009, 5 Ingredients Cookbook and Secrets of Success 2009.
    Have you had time to convert any other books?
    thanks Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the conversion of some favourites. I don't suppose you have the Buttermilk and Basil Muffins from one of the old books, I cant find my book and also a Sundried Tomato Damper they were both great recipes.
    Thank you

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete